The temps are cooling off and the days are getting shorter – guess what that means? Fall is finally here! It’s one of our favorite times of year here at Graystone Heights! We get to wear cozy clothes, put up our fall decor (Graystone Residents have everyone in Sioux Falls beat for cutest fall decor btw) and begin getting festive with friends and family.
More often than not, we tend to blink, miss Fall, and skip straight to January. But let’s not let that happen this year! Check out our Fall in Sioux Falls Bucket List below and tick off all of these boxes. Complete this list and you will surely be able to say you made the best of this Fall season!
Fall in Sioux Falls Bucket List:
- Go apple picking at a local orchard. Fun for the whole family or a romantic day trip. Sip on hot apple cider while you’re there and snap a couple cute pics. This will definitely get you in the fall mood.
- Decorate your patio with some Fall flair. Add some pumpkins, a holiday wreath and maybe some red, yellow and orange foliage. Every time you step out onto your patio you’ll get that Fall cozy feeling.
- Speaking of foliage… Go leafing! Pick a drive that has the most amount of trees, stop for a coffee on the way and go for a long drive. Getting out and seeing all the leaves changing colors will put you in the best mood and give you the opportunity for great conversations with loved ones.
- Bake! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, or pumpkin seeds. Your home will smell absolutely delicious and you’ll have sweet treats to have on your own or gift to neighbors and friends.
- Open your windows and fill your home with crisp autumn air. There is something so calming about jumping into cozy sweats and a sweatshirt, curling up to watch a good movie, and breathing in that crisp, clean air.
- Get lost in a corn maze. Bundle up and head outside to take a walk in a corn maze. You’ll bump into families, kids, couples and friends all out and about enjoying the season. You’re bound to walk away with a smile on your face.
- Go to a haunted house… if that’s your thing. If it’s too scary, I totally understand. I’m right there with ya!
- Go on a walk for coffee on a foggy morning. Something mystical about this one.
There are so many ways to get out and enjoy this holiday season! Be careful though because if you don’t set the time aside to enjoy it – it will pass you right by!