Valentines Day is such a cliché holiday. You’re expected to buy flowers and chocolate and spend a ton of money on the perfect, price fixed dinner to prove how much you love somebody. They always say, “It’s the thought that counts”.. But where is the thought (and fun) in spending Valentine’s Day like that!
We think the day is a great reminder to show the person you love how amazing they are by doing something that is unique and special to them. It doesn’t take $150 dollars and a bouquet of red roses to show your love – try one of these intimate gestures below to make the day something special for that special someone.
- Surprise them with a bonfire. What’s more romantic than wine and ‘smores by the campfire. Plan the evening together cuddled by the fire and you’re sure to win that special someone over.
- Go dancing. Two stepping, salsa dancing, grooving together at a concert – whatever you two prefer. There’s something so fun about dancing, this would be a Valentine’s date for the books!
- Ice Skating! There’s something so romantic about hitting an ice rink with that cute S.O of yours. And you can make it a whole evening by grabbing drinks afterwards.
- Throw a themed dinner and movie night at home. This date night is a budget friendly way to see the world from your apartment. Cook up a Spanish paella and pop in ‘Vicky Christina Barcelona’ for a spicy night in.
- Head out for a basketball or hockey game. These date nights are always fun and if your Valentine is into it, grab nice cold beer, slice of pizza and enjoy each other’s company.
- Take them out for a comedy show. There is nothing more fun than laughing hysterically with your loved one. Maybe grab dinner before hand and then drinks afterwards to make a whole evening of it.
Picking a date idea like one of the above, specific to your significant other, means a whole lot more than going broke over your generic Valentine’s Day date night. It shows you care, and you appreciate what makes them unique… And on top of it all – won’t break your bank. That’s a win, win, win all the way around. Happy Valentine’s Day, all you crazy lovebirds!